TRI-CLUB PHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION
Camera Club of Hilton Head ~ Photography Club of Beaufort ~ Photography Club of Sun City
DATE/TIME: Thursday, May 9, 2013 - Judging begins at 7pm. Print Check in by 6:45
LOCATION: Hidden Cypress, Sun City in Bluffton/Okatie
CATEGORIES: There will be only one category: OPEN - any subject. Black & White or Color Prints
SKILL LEVELS: The competition will be divided into 5 Skill Levels:
Novice, Intermediate, Advanced, Expert and Professional
All participants must compete at their club competition level or higher.
Members of multiple clubs, must compete at the highest skill level obtained.
ENTRANTS: One print per member.
Must be a paid, active member of their respective clubs
Dual/Triple Club Membership: Persons who are members of two or more participating clubs must choose which club to represent for this 2013 competition
Name Badges: Members are encouraged to wear their club name badges for identification and congeniality
ENTRIES: One Print per member.
· Prints that have previously been awarded a TriClub or Bi-Club ribbon are NOT eligible for this competition.
· Prints awarded ribbons in single club competitions ARE eligible.
· Images may either be edited or presented as they come from the camera.
· Print should be mounted or matted for display in lightbox
· Only photos printed on paper are acceptable. No canvas, metal, glass etc.
· Size of board: minimum of 11"x14" to maximum of 20"x20"
· The same image MUST be submitted electronically by midnight on May 6th
These digital images will be projected to the audience while the judges are
scoring- using the original mounted print
· Please use the following FILENAME JPG FORMAT for your digital submission:
IMAGE TITLE by Photographers Name CLUB NAME SKILL LEVEL
for example: SUNNY SUNRISE by Jane Doe PCoB Novice
Electronic images of any size should be sent to email@example.com
If there is a problem with your submission, you will be promptly notified
SUBMISSION: Electronic Images are due by midnight May 6, 2013.
Prints must be submitted by 6:45 pm on May 9th at the competition venue.
No exceptions will be made
A participant does not need to be present to enter
JUDGING PROCESS: There are 3 judges, one provided from each club.
The process is the same for each skill level, beginning with Novice and continuing to Professionsal.
· There will be a run-through: Each image will be previewed for the judges and the audience on the screen. No titles will be announced at this time
· During the second pass of the images, titles will be announced. Each judge will hold up a scorecard from 1 to 9 (9 being the best) for each image. Therefore each image has maximum score of 27.
· If a tie occurs, multiple ribbons may be awarded
· At the conclusion of each level, the judges will comment on all winning selections
· All ribbons will be awarded at the close of competition
AWARDS: Winners will be awarded 1st, 2nd, 3rd and Honorable Mention for each skill level.
If there are less than 20 entries in any one level, only 1st, 2nd and 3rd awards will be given.