All about our club
News about meetings and events
View our photographs
Guidelines for photo submissions
Requirements, and application
Other sites about photography
About our website
- Most club meetings include a "Photo of the
Month" competition with a theme, such as "portraits" or
"sports." 2015 Themes
- The presenter for the program usually selects the winners.
Winning photos are displayed in a prominent place in
- There are internal
club guidelines for submitting photos at
monthly club meetings. When special events and competitions
occur, that external event may have its own competition
Field Trip to Middleton Place
Requirements for Photo of the
- Members can
submit one photo within the theme for judging at that meeting. Members may
also submit one photo in the Abstract Category.
- Photo must have been taken within the
preceding 24 months.
- Photos must be clearly identified with photographer, photo title and skill level.
Click here for label.
- Photos that previously won at any level,
including honorable mention, may not be re-entered in subsequent club
competitions (but may be entered in other clubs' or tri-club competitions).
- All Photos must have a hard backing such
as dry mounting, foam core (no thicker than ¼",) or cardboard in order for
the Committee to be able to handle and display the photo without it bending.
- Photos may be color, black and white, or
sepia each month unless the called for theme is specified to be color
related or black and white/sepia specific.
- Mats are not required, but if a mat is
used, it must be either black or white.
- Finished Product: The photo may be any
size or shape you like, but the final product, with or without a mat, must
not exceed an outside dimension of 16x20. In addition, a digital file must
be e-mailed in advance as explained in the Club Guidelines.
- Digital files of photos submitted for club
competitions shall be emailed to
email@example.com at least 24 hours prior to the meeting date.
Complete instructions are provided in the guidelines.
- Members' dues must be current and be present to
compete. All contest submissions must be checked in by a member of the
competition committee or their designee.
- View the news
(next meeting) for the upcoming theme.